The School House features a palette of colors derived from 14th-18th century religious paintings in a variable array of rooms, inhabiting former classrooms, the school theater, and sleeping lofts under the eaves. The guest rooms borrow aesthetic influences from Europe, including Sweden, Italy and France. Furnishings fall into two categories: pieces designed and constructed locally by regional artisans, or antiquities collected from the great antique fairs of Europe and several of New Orleans’ finest estates. Select rooms feature claw-foot bathtubs. No two rooms are alike.
The Rectory is an 1875 soft red brick building where the clergy used to reside. It now serves as our principal watering hole, and houses 5 of our most exquisite rooms.
Sanctified and secluded, The Convent is the former home of the Marianite nuns who taught at the school and now houses 7 of our most tranquil sanctuaries.
We are the lucky stewards of a 5,000-square-foot deconsecrated red brick Catholic church, the former Sts. Peter and Paul, designed by New Orleans architect Henry Howard. We strive to create a balanced mix of private and public gatherings of all sorts in this still-sacred space.
Split-level suite featuring separate sleeping and living quarters
An expansive in-room desk for working
Appliances: coffee maker + electric kettle + mini fridge
Complimentary (and fast!) WiFi
Access to our guest-only lounge and study
24-hour Reception service
Priority reservations at The Elysian Bar
Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] to make your reservation